Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Insurance for Homeowners Throughout Minnesota
Fosston, Bagley & Mahnomen, Minnesota
At Lindfors Insurance Agency, we know how hard you’ve worked to turn your house into a home. Since your home is one of the most important financial investments of your lifetime, you’ll need proper coverage in order to keep your investment protected and provide your family with the guarantee that they’ll always be safe and sound.
Lindfors Insurance Agency is your trusted solution for homeowners insurance. We offer coverage options that are both flexible and affordable. Our agents will work with you on an individual basis to find a policy that best suits your needs. We are dedicated to providing the assurance that your family and your possessions are secure.
How is Home Insurance Calculated?
The cost of your home insurance premiums varies depending on multiple factors, including:
- Your credit score
- Your claims history
- The replacement value of the home
- Your home’s location
- The value of insured items
When calculating how much home insurance coverage you need, you must calculate your home’s total replacement value. The replacement value of your home is not the same as the price you paid for it or the cost of the mortgage. Instead, the replacement value is how much it would cost to completely rebuild your home in case of a disaster. This number can be calculated by the square footage and value of the home’s structure and amenities.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
A basic home insurance policy may cover:
- Dwelling: This coverage compensates for damage to the physical structure of the home and its attached structures due to fire, wind, hail, smoke, lightning, and vandalism.
- Personal Liability: This covers bodily injury and property damage another person may suffer on the insured property. This insurance can even extend to damage or injury caused by pets.
- Personal Possessions: This covers your belongings in case of fire, theft, vandalism or smoke. There is limited coverage for certain items such as furs, art and jewelry, but you can purchase floaters to extend this coverage.
- Additional Living Expenses: This coverage, known as ALE, provides compensation if you must temporarily move while the home is being repaired or rebuilt.
Protect What Matters
Protect your home with a policy that will give you and your family peace of mind. Call Lindfors Insurance Agency at (218) 435-6585 or fill out an online quote form today.
Common Home Insurance Questions
Home insurance is purchased through monthly or annual premiums. As long as the policy is active, you can file a claim to receive compensation for damages to your home, belongings and other covered areas.
Your home insurance needs are unique, which means you will need a policy tailored for your home. It is generally recommended that you carry enough home insurance to cover the total replacement cost value of your home. Speak with an agent from Lindfors Insurance Agency to discuss your home insurance needs today.
Contrary to popular belief, home insurance isn’t generally required by state or federal law. Instead, home insurance is required by bankers for homeowners who still have a mortgage. As long as you have a mortgage on your home, you will be expected to carry at least the amount required by your lender.